It’s Izzie again!
Pasta is one of my FAVORITE foods. So is cauliflower. So when you combine them together WITH CAJUN SEASONING…. supreme awesomeness occurs.
Cauliflower is really great for your brain and heart health and is anti-inflammatory. It can be used as a substitute for a lot of things, for example, as a pizza base, rice, and as taco meat. Because cauliflower doesn’t have an overpowering taste, you can put big flavors like Cajun seasoning with it. This vegan garlic-Cajun pasta with cauliflower is both healthy and delicious.
We used this recipe from veganricha.com but adapted it to reduce the amount of garlic used. Feel free to go garlic crazy :). Plus we used regular penne and not the gluten free type for this particular dish. Enjoy!
Garlic Cajun Pasta With Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Add the cauliflower florets to a large bowl. Drizzle oil and mix using a spatula or rub it in using hands.
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the Cajun spice blend. Add a bit more paprika if using mild. Sprinkle all over the cauliflower florets and toss to coat.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins.
- Make the pasta according to instructions on the package, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile blend the rest of the ingredients (except garnish) until smooth. Add to the pan. Increase heat to medium.
- Bring the sauce to a boil stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust salt and flavor carefully. Simmer for another 2 minutes. Fold in the pasta. Take off heat, cover and let sit for 2 minutes.
- To serve, add warm baked Cajun Cauliflower on top. Garnish with chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes.