I absolutely love bread but alas bread doesn’t love me. That is, the regular wheat and gluten bread. I just can’t digest it very well but I’ve finally got to a stage where I either make my own gluten free bread or buy it and I’m happy with that.
The recipe today is for Zucchini Almond bread, something I love and have made many times. It’s really easy to bake, super light to eat & digest and utterly delicious.
As well as being full of vitamins A&C, it also contains magnesium and potassium. Potassium is fantastic for greater muscle strength and improved metabolism. Awesome.
Zucchini Almond Bread
Makes 2 loaves
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup grated zucchini, water squeezed out
3 tsp maple syrup
1 banana, mashed
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees f and grease two mini bread loaf pans.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients besides zucchini in a stand mixer and beat on medium for about 2 minutes. Alternatively, combine in a large bowl and whisk together vigorously.
- Add zucchini and mix until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer bread out of loaf pan and cool on wire rack. I sliced these into fingers to serve as snack but you can cut wider slices too.