This is a lovely little stack of banana oatmeal pancakes that I most definitely enjoyed for breakfast this morning. It was such a quick meal to prepare and is a super nutrient-dense breakfast or brunch option for kids and adults alike!
The ingredients include banana, oats and some flax seeds which together provide a significant amount of protein and slow release carbs that will keep me energized, full and moving until lunchtime. Oh and that kiwi flower, it’s my first attempt :).
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
1 tbsp flax seeds & ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Put the banana in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add the oats and cinnamon to the banana mix, and stir well.
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat with a dash of olive oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of the mixture into the skillet, cook on one side for about 1.5 minutes, then turn and cook on the other side for about 1 minute (or until golden brown on both sides).
- Serve (with or without maple or agave syrup) and enjoy.