With a little technological wizardry and a lot of swearing this morning, I’ve managed to make a little cooking demo video for my Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe. I chose this recipe because it’s been very popular on the blog with lots of likes and feedback.
It’s early days format wise and I’m going to be setting up a youtube channel for izzieskitchen.com – (so watch out for details of that in due course).
In case you need the written recipe (old school style!), here it is again too:
This recipe is also vegan and gluten free.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup good quality raw cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey or 2 tsp of stevia
For the topping – sliced almonds
- Blend the avocado with a little water until smooth.
- Mix the cocoa powder and almond or coconut milk together in a bowl until well mixed and add the vanilla.
- Add the honey or stevia plus the avocado and mix well again.
- Spoon into serving glasses and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- Serve topped with some sliced almonds (or some cocoa powder).