A very happy Saturday to you all! The sun is shining and we’re mid packing but I’m taking a short break to write up my daily blog post and enjoy a cup of coffee. Whilst NYC is flippin’ hot during the Summer, the sun shines almost every day in this wonderful city and I think that is so important for general wellbeing and positivity (mine is definitely good today:).
I’m writing this post about Magnesium and why it’s important to eat sources of it for our health. It’s very popular reading in food and nutrition news and I saw this article on rebootwithjoe.com yesterday about why we should be including this crucial nutrient in our regular diet. Do take a look at the link because it’s really helpful reading.
What I really like about the sources of Magnesium is that many, many of them are plant-based ones which is great for those of us who eat a mainly plant-based diet (or are switching to less meat).
Here’s a quick list of some of the best ways to take in Magnesium:
- Leafy vegetables such spinach
- Other veggies rich in Magnesium include tomatoes, artichokes & sweet potatoes
- Legumes such as black beans
- Buckwheat flour, oats, barley & cornmeal
- Pumpkin seeds, almonds and cashew nuts
- Dairy products such as milk and yogurt
- Fish such as salmon, halibut and mackerel
Have a great day! 😀