Snacks are the very best! I find it’s important to have a couple of snacks during the day to keep energy and blood sugar levels up until mealtimes come around again.
My favorite snacks have either a little protein and/or some fruit and vegetables for something that’s substantial, has flavor and crunch too. Here’s the list:
- Nut butter with celery, carrot and cucumber sticks. Little Izzie made her own nut butter a few days ago which we’ve been enjoying (2 big handfuls of roasted cashews, almonds and macadamia nuts, blended until she got a crunchy paste texture).
- Greek yogurt with a little sugar-free granola and some dried or fresh berries & sunflower seeds sprinkled on top.
- Rice cakes spread with cream cheese or a little nut butter.
- Chopped apples with trail mix, pea chips, dry roasted edamame and a few walnuts.
- Handful of plantain chips.